Re: Converting to uppercase - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Francisco Leovey
Subject Re: Converting to uppercase
Date
List pgsql-novice
A simple ggogle search gives the answer

--- On Thu, 5/5/11, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> wrote:

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com>
Subject: [NOVICE] Converting to uppercase
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 3:06 PM

I have a script that inserts country names in a table but such names are in lowercase except the first letter. This is an example of what I have:

INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Afganistan');
INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Africa del Sur');
INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Albania');
INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Alemania');
INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Andorra');
INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Angola');
INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Antigua y Barbuda');
INSERT INTO chartsclub.cat_paises (pss_nombre) VALUES ('Antillas Holandesas');
Is there a function that I can include in the INSERT statement in order to convert the country name to uppercase?

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado