Re: progress report for ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuro Yamada
Subject Re: progress report for ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi vignesh!

On 2019/09/17 20:51, vignesh C wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 2:31 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> There were some minor problems in v5 -- bogus Docbook as well as
>> outdated rules.out, small "git diff --check" complaint about whitespace.
>> This v6 (on today's master) fixes those, no other changes.
>>
> +     <entry>
> +       The command is preparing to begin scanning the heap.  This phase is
> +       expected to be very brief.
> +     </entry>
> In the above after "." there is an extra space, is this intentional. I
> had noticed that in lot of places there is couple of spaces and
> sometimes single space across this file.
>
> Like in below, there is single space after ".":
>       <entry>Time when this process' current transaction was started, or null
>        if no transaction is active. If the current
>        query is the first of its transaction, this column is equal to the
>        <structfield>query_start</structfield> column.
>       </entry>

Sorry for the late reply.

Probably, it is intentional because there are many extra space
in other documents. See below:

# Results of grep
=============
$ grep '\.  ' doc/src/sgml/monitoring.sgml | wc -l
114
$ grep '\.  ' doc/src/sgml/information_schema.sgml | wc -l
184
$ grep '\.  ' doc/src/sgml/func.sgml | wc -l
577

Therefore, I'm going to leave it as is. :)

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada