Re: GNU readline and BSD license - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Date
Re: GNU readline and BSD license  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> How different is the feature set?

I was going to ask the same thing.  If it's an exact replacement then
OK, but I do not want to put up with non-Emacs-compatible keybindings,
to mention just one likely issue.

The whole thing really strikes me as make-work anyway.  Linux is GPL'd;
does anyone want to argue that we shouldn't run on Linux?  Since we
are not including libreadline in our distribution, there is NO reason
to worry about using it when it's available.  Wanting to find a
replacement purely because of the license amounts to license bigotry,
IMHO.