Re: Client SQL Tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Levan
Subject Re: Client SQL Tool
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 14, 2011, at 5:33 PM, pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:01:16 +0100
> From: <bjoern@hillebrandar.de>
> To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Client SQL Tool
>
> Hi all,
>
> Iâ•˙ve started a new codeplex project that could be interesting for you. Itâ•˙s a simple SQL client for postgreSQL
databases.
> You can found it here : http://postgresqlclient.codeplex.com/
>
> Iâ•˙ve started with this project, because i want to improve my WPF skills and create something useful for the
postgresqlenvironment.
> So, take a look and give me feedback if you like.
>
> Thanks
> Björn

If you are looking for enhancement ideas, you might take a peek at
my website http://homepage.mac.com/levanj ( while it still exists ).

I have several postgresql clients that have a similar layout but most
are written in scripting languages ( wxpython, tcl/tk ) and one written
in Cocoa ( which may or may not still work ). They can typically do
stuff like import/export large objects or bytea objects, display pictures and support
libraries of sql code fragments.

Maybe you can find some good use for the algorithms in the code :)

It was fun writing my own tools… Have fun on you voyage :)

Jerry