Re: How bad is using queries with thousands of values for operators IN or ANY? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thorsten Schöning
Subject Re: How bad is using queries with thousands of values for operators IN or ANY?
Date
List pgsql-general
Guten Tag Laurenz Albe,
am Montag, 31. August 2020 um 10:23 schrieben Sie:

> Is it an option to change that usage pattern?

Not everywhere easily, because I simply have places in which I'm
working with IDs only and e.g. need to check if they are owned by some
user. Those checks are abstracted away into individual functions
instead of JOINing always, as the latter makes queries more difficult
to maintain.

Of course there are alternatives like row level security I might have
a look at etc. And that's exactly why I asked the question, to make my
mind about that thing, if it's worth or necessary to look into
alternatives at all etc.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55