Re: Parallel worker hangs while handling errors. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Parallel worker hangs while handling errors.
Date
Re: Parallel worker hangs while handling errors.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> writes:
> The Solution Robert & Tom are suggesting by Calling
> BackgroundWorkerUnblockSignals fixes the actual problem.

I've gone ahead and pushed the bgworker fix, since everyone seems
to agree that that's okay, and it is provably fixing a problem.

As for the question of SIGQUIT handling, I see that postgres.c
does "PG_SETMASK(&BlockSig)" immediately after applying the sigdelset
change, so there probably isn't any harm in having the background
processes do likewise.  I wonder though why bgworkers are not
applying the same policy.  (I remain of the opinion that any
changes in this area should not be back-patched without evidence
of a concrete problem; it's at least as likely that we'll introduce
a problem as fix one.)