Re: Decreasing performance in table partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: Decreasing performance in table partitioning
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you. I was away for a few days.

This is PG version 9.1. Now, this is in a function. As far as I understand, every  function is a single transaction. I have not created exception blocks because I don't have any special handling for exceptions. I'm fine with the default.

The data in each table is for about 10 months, so it looks about 10 times each cycle.

What has occured to me, though, is that maybe I should write the DELETE statement as DELETE FROM ONLY, as the previously created partitions would be scanned, despite having no applicable data, the way I wrote it. Does that make sense?