Re: reindexing db - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: reindexing db
Date
List pgsql-admin
> On Dec 7, 2020, at 6:00 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 5:45 PM Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> Does reindexdb --concurrently skip over indexes for exclusion constraints, or reindex them separately without the
concurrentlyoption? The docs for reindexdb simply point one to the reindex docs for the caveats of concurrently, where
thatrestriction is mentioned.

> The REINDEX page says:
>
> "Furthermore, indexes for exclusion constraints cannot be reindexed concurrently. If such an index is named directly
inthis command, an error is raised. If a table or database with exclusion constraint indexes is reindexed concurrently,
thoseindexes will be skipped. (It is possible to reindex such indexes without the CONCURRENTLY option.)"

That is the sentence I was referring to, but it does not answer my question about what reindexdb does--whether it
simplycalls REINDEX DATABASE ..., or has logic to deal with this.