Re: seg fault with tsearch2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Leyh
Subject Re: seg fault with tsearch2
Date
List pgsql-general
I compiled 8.0.1 on linux with --with-debug only, and it seemed to
work. I had also compiled 8.0.1 on Netbsd with the same configure
option. I removed the tsearch trigger from the table and I had no
problem. I tried using to_tsvector directly and the server crashed.

PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 8.0.1
backend> select to_tsvector('foo blah blah');

0x48b22c84 in find_among () from /usr/pkg/lib/tsearch2.so

Yet on a linux computer with the source compiled the EXACT same
way(--with-debug)

PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 8.0.1
backend> select to_tsvector('foo blah blah');
         1: to_tsvector (typeid = 17359, len = -1, typmod = -1, byval = f)
        ----
         1: to_tsvector = "'foo':1 'blah':2,3"  (typeid = 17359, len =
-1, typmod = -1, byval = f)
        ----
backend>

So, the only conclusion I can reach is this problem is some OS
dependant bug, which apparently has been fixed in 8.0.2beta.

--Joel