Re: Sql injection attacks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Caplan
Subject Re: Sql injection attacks
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus,

Your posting arrived just after I posted my attempt at a summary...

With the help of the list, I had already got to the stage that
parameterised queries are the way to go. Your post helps confirm
that.

Now I need to understand the implementation details. Clearly, one
option is the PREPARE/EXECUTE statements. But I am not sure I follow
you when you say:

MH> If you use the parametrised formats, e.g.
MH> "SELECT * FROM foo WHERE bar=@bar"
MH> or just "sp_foo" in the case of the stored procedure (the driver will
MH> pick up parameter names automatically)

Are you saying that "@bar" is part of the Postgres query syntax? If it
is, I can't find it in the 7.4 docs. What do you mean by "the
parameterised formats"? I would appreciate a clarification and the URL
of the relevant documentation.

Thanks

Geoff Caplan
Vario Software Ltd