Re: [GENERAL] SSL confirmation - (could not accept SSL connection: - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] SSL confirmation - (could not accept SSL connection:
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Andrew M <andrew@jibeya.com> writes:
> below is a breakdown of the problems i am experiencing with SSL
> Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No truste
> d certificate found

It would appear that either you didn't put a root certificate into the
server's $PGDATA/root.crt file, or the server certificate you put into
$PGDATA/server.crt isn't signed by any of the CAs that the client code
thinks are trusted.  I have no idea where the javax.net.ssl library
looks for trusted certs; possibly you could find someone more clueful
about that on pgsql-jdbc.

            regards, tom lane