FILLFACTOR and increasing index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonardo Francalanci
Subject FILLFACTOR and increasing index
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

the doc pages are somehow "cryptic" regarding FILLFACTOR.
(well, at least they're cryptic to me, since I don't know a lot
of btree stuff...)

I have an index on a timestamp value that is inserted, for 90%
of the inserts, in increasing order. No updates, no deletes on the
table (appends only).

What would be the "right" or "sensible" FILLFACTOR in this case?

I guess the docs need some example of "sensible" values for
some of the "classic" cases? (I'm sure I'm not the only one
storing a timestamp index in time-order...)

Leonardo