Re: Escaping the $1 parameter in stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From limr@yahoo.com (robert)
Subject Re: Escaping the $1 parameter in stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-sql
Found a solution:

-- my_constraint(0) = turn off constraint
-- my_constraint(1) = turn ON constraint
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION my_constraint(INTEGER)
RETURNS VARCHAR AS 'DECLARE    cmd VARCHAR;BEGIN        IF $1 = 0    THEN        RAISE NOTICE ''Turning OFF
constraints'';       cmd := ''ALTER TABLE $tName DROP CONSTRAINT "$1"'';        EXECUTE cmd;        cmd := ''ALTER
TABLE$tName DROP CONSTRAINT "$2"'';        EXECUTE cmd;    ELSE        RAISE NOTICE ''Turning ON constraints'';
ALTERTABLE $tName            ADD FOREIGN KEY(key1) REFERENCES table1;        ALTER TABLE $tName            ADD FOREIGN
KEY(key2)REFERENCES table2;    END IF;    RETURN ''OK'';END;'LANGUAGE plpgsql;"