Re: How would you handle updating an item and related stuff all at once? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: How would you handle updating an item and related stuff all at once?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 22.02.2007, at 15:56, Jim Nasby wrote:

> and "surrogate key fields should be named 'id'" (I *much* prefer
> the form "object_id", ie: user_id, used *everywhere*, including the
> user table (in that example)).
> Fortunately, with rails extensibility it shouldn't be hard to
> change those default behaviors (in fact there's probably a patch
> somewhere for the first case...)

It's really not hard to use the integrated mechanism for that:

class MyTable < ActiveRecord::Base
    set_primary_key "mytable_id"
end

There are nevertheless usage glitches as far as I know. But it's no
real problem.

cug