Re: Failed Assert in pgstat_assoc_relation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Failed Assert in pgstat_assoc_relation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Something like the attached. Still needs a bit of polish, e.g. adding the test
> case from above.

> I'm a bit uncomfortable adding a function call below
>          * Perform swapping of the relcache entry contents.  Within this
>          * process the old entry is momentarily invalid, so there *must* be no
>          * possibility of CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS within this sequence. Do it in
>          * all-in-line code for safety.

Ugh.  I don't know what pgstat_unlink_relation does, but assuming
that it can never throw an error seems like a pretty bad idea,
especially when you aren't adding that to its API spec (contrast
the comments for MemoryContextSetParent).

Can't that part be done outside the critical section?