Idea: Comments on system catalogs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dawid Kuroczko
Subject Idea: Comments on system catalogs?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello.

I think it could be a nice idea to put descriptions from
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/catalogs.html
into system catalogs itself.  I.e., make a bunch of

COMMENT ON COLUMN pg_class.relname   IS 'Name of the table, index, view, etc.';
COMMENT ON COLUMN pg_class.relkind   IS 'r = ordinary table, i = index, S = sequence, v = view, c =
composite type, t = TOAST table';

and so on.

I think it could be helpful, when you're writing your own selects
on system catalogs.

Perhaps it could be optional (as a contrib .sql file).

If you like the idea, I could prepare a script which will
convert documentation into .sql file with series of
COMMENT ON .. IS ...;
  Regards,     Dawid