Re: does postgresql backup require additional space on disk - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: does postgresql backup require additional space on disk
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/13/19 4:53 PM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
> Adrian,
> I think in my first emails in this chain about the effort i did
> specified it properly:
>
> CREATE TABLESPACE vol4
>> OWNER postgres
>> LOCATION '/data/vol4';
>>
>> ALTER DATABASE user_db_1
>> SET default_tablespace = 'vol4';
>>
>> ...for all dbs..
>
> Then "default" part got lost in emails...:)

Well that was a stupid on my part:(

To add insult to injury:

"No, what the link showed is:

ALTER DATABASE mydatabase SET default_tablespace = mynewtablespace

That is is the same as changing default_tablespace in postgresql.conf.
"

is wrong also. What the above does is change the behavior for that
database only.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com