Re: Mark unconditionally-safe implicit coercions as leakproof - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Mark unconditionally-safe implicit coercions as leakproof
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:17 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I went through the system's built-in implicit coercions to see
>> which ones are unconditionally successful.  These could all be
>> marked leakproof, as per attached patch.

> IMHO, this is a nice improvement.

Thanks; pushed.  On second reading I found that there are a few
non-implicit coercions that could usefully be marked leakproof
as well --- notably float4_numeric and float8_numeric, which should
be error-free now that infinities can be converted.