Re: restore a dump db from tar file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alain Roger
Subject Re: restore a dump db from tar file
Date
Re: restore a dump db from tar file  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 06/10/2008 14:03, Alain Roger wrote:
> this is basically what i use but it does not work.
>
>     pg_restore -C -d sewe survey.tar -U postgres

Just a guess, since I haven't used pg_restore - a quick look at the docs
suggests that the filename should come *last* on the command line, so
try that.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

AFAIK, pg_dump -v -o -U username -ci -Ft -f tarname.tar dbname
backup the DB but without inserting code to create the BD itself... just to create its structure and populate it.
noting about create database dbname
grant. ...

how can i do that automatically ?
i mean when i dump my db, how can i dump ALSO the script to create the BD and its property ?
thx.