Re: dunction issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alain Roger
Subject Re: dunction issue
Date
List pgsql-general
I do not agree with you Sam.

Stored procedure are safe from hacking (from external access).
From my point of view transitions should be used only as internal purpose or via intrAnet and not thru intErnet.

at list this is how under MS SQL they use to teach.

regarding unique constraint, i already setup it. :-)
unique violation will not help me in this case, or only to know if the email is stored several time.... which i do not test...directly :-)

Al.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 03:34:49PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> Or a simpler way to do handle my previous suggestion:
>
> IF (ret_email IS NULL ) OR (ret_email='')  THEN
>     RETURN ('-3')

That would be the sane fix, yes.

Based on the previous emails from the OP, he seems to be missing a
lot of the tools that databases' give you.  Transactions and unique
constraints being two significant ones.  Writing stored procedures to do
their work is just going to introduce unnecessary bugs and complication.

 Sam