Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Khandekar <amit.khandekar@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Rather than a behaviour change, it is a bug that we are fixing. User
> already expects to see copy status printed, so as per user there would be
> no behaviour change.

This is arrant nonsense.  It's a behavior change.  You can't make it
not that by claiming something about user expectations.  Especially
since this isn't exactly a corner case that nobody has seen in
the fifteen years or so that it's worked like that.  People do know
how this works.

I don't object to changing it, but I do agree with Robert that it's
important to quantize such changes, ie, try to get a set of related
changes to appear in the same release.  People don't like repeatedly
revising their code for such things.