Re: small parallel restore optimization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: small parallel restore optimization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Could you use a different static PQExpBuffer on each thread?
>> pthread_getspecific sort of thing, only to be used on Windows.

> For MSVC we could declare it with "_declspec(thread)" and it would be
> allocated in thread-local storage, but it looks like this isn't
> supported on Mingw.

Some googling suggests that thread-local storage is supported on latest
release (not clear if it's exactly the same syntax though :-().

Worst case, we could say that parallel restore isn't supported on
mingw.  I'm not entirely sure why we bother with that platform at all...