Re: [HACKERS] bitten by docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] bitten by docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> Getting to the point, wouldn't it be easier on the users if either:

> a) at release time the www docs are frozen but a link is made to the
>    HEAD branch of the docs so people can see what's going on in
>    current development.
> b) maintain a -stable (off the 6.5 branch) of the docs that gets
>    fixes put into it relative to the release while still having a link
>    to the most current docs.  I know the inconvience of maintaining
>    a branch is annoying but this is the best way imo.

This was discussed a while ago.  I thought we had agreed that we needed
to keep two sets of docs on the website, one for the last stable release
(ie, 6.5 currently) and one for the current development tip.  But I
guess nothing's been done about it yet...