Re: v9 beta 2 - Build on Solaris SPARC - links to two different libxml2 implementations? - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Lou Picciano
Subject Re: v9 beta 2 - Build on Solaris SPARC - links to two different libxml2 implementations?
Date
List pgsql-testers
Josh,

Yup, that was it.  Now, with libxslt installed into /usr/local/lib, everything works great.  ldd reports only one reference to each of libxml and libxslt, and the compile is nice and smooth...  Hope at least this journey may help someone else.

# ldd src/backend/postgres
        libxslt.so.1 =>  /usr/local/lib/libxslt.so.1
        libxml2.so.2 =>  /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2

Meanwhile, it might be nice to have a syntax to hard wire specific library options, especially if available as an [=/path] option to the --with-<feature> directives.  There may be occasions to do much more intricate specification of configuration (such as we were doing with our custom SSL builds).

Thanks for your help.

Lou Picciano

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Picciano" <loupicciano@comcast.net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>
Cc: "pgsql-testers" <pgsql-testers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:08:26 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [TESTERS] v9 beta 2 - Build on Solaris SPARC - links to two different libxml2 implementations?

We have:

/usr/local/lib/
...libxml2.so.2.6.31

also: /usr/local/bin/xml2-config

/usr/lib/
...libxml2.so.2
...libxslt.so.1

with LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib"

I'd prefer to hard code paths myself (had to manually modify a php config script recently; yikes!), but those '--with-' syntaxes don't support the '=/path/name' options, do they?

Oddly, there is no libsxlt in our designated LD path, yet configure finds it (presumably the config script is searching the more 'default' /usr/lib by design?)

Next step, as I realize we don't have the SunFreeware xslt package installed, I'll install that next and try the build again.  The SunFreeware stuff is installed into /usr/local, as you know.

Lou