From Tom Lane
Subject Re: MKDIR_P@: Command not found error in regression test
Date
List pgsql-general
Karthik GP <karthik.segpi@gmail.com> writes:
> make[1]: MKDIR_P@: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [installdirs-local] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/pgsql/pgsql/src'
> make: *** [install-src-recurse] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory `/home/user/pgsql/pgsql'

> Any clues on what's wrong?? It's very unlikely that any of my code changes
> are causing this.

The reference to installdirs-local indicates it's trying to do this part
of src/Makefile:

installdirs-local:
    $(MKDIR_P) '$(DESTDIR)$(pgxsdir)/$(subdir)'

You sure you didn't accidentally insert an "@" into that line?

Another possibility is that you somehow messed up the definition of
MKDIR_P in src/Makefile.global, or messed up the configure logic that
substitutes a correct value for that (though I'd have thought that such
a mistake would lead to failures earlier than here).  The relevant line
in src/Makefile.global.in is

MKDIR_P = @MKDIR_P@

and this should get expanded to something like

MKDIR_P = /bin/mkdir -p

in src/Makefile.global (specific command varies depending on platform).

            regards, tom lane