Re: [GENERAL] via psycopg2 or pg2pg? Move rows from one database toother - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Güttler
Subject Re: [GENERAL] via psycopg2 or pg2pg? Move rows from one database toother
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you for explaining the steps of your algorithm.

Just one question: How to do the actual transfer of data?

I see two solutions:

1, Read the data into a script (via psycopg2 (we love python))
and dump it into a second connection.

2, connect postgres to postgres and transfer the data without a database
adapter like psycopg2.

Regards,
   Thomas

--