Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompresfunctions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompresfunctions
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions
List pgsql-hackers
Dmitry and Alexander, thank you for looking into the patch!

> 14 сент. 2017 г., в 18:42, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> написал(а):
> It would be good if someone would write patch for removing useless compress/decompress methods from builtin and
contribGiST opclasses.  Especially when it gives benefit in IndexOnlyScan enabling.
If the patch will be accepted, I'll either do this myself for commitfest at November or charge some students from
YandexData School to do this (they earn some points in algorithms course for contributing to OSS).

> BTW, this change in the patch look suspicious for me
> We are typically evade changing formatting in fragments of codes not directly touched by the patch.

Thanks for spotting this out. Here's fixed version.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.