Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases
Date
List pgsql-admin
I wrote:
> Perhaps it is worth adding a defense to autovac to not believe last
> autovac times that are in the future, since the system clock is not
> under our control and could go backwards.  Other than that I don't
> think there's any bug here.

Oh, the other thing that comes to mind is that it's a bad move not
to have exposed last_autovac_time anywhere in the pgstat views.
Obviously we cannot back-patch that, but I think it should be fixed
going forward.  This whole thing might've been much less of a mystery
if that state had been visible.

            regards, tom lane