Re: Re: Replace plain-memory ordered array by binary tree in ts_stat() function. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: Replace plain-memory ordered array by binary tree in ts_stat() function.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
> Fixed, but my gcc didn't emit such message.

That's not actually too surprising.  gcc's "uninitialized variable"
analysis is per-function, which means that its scope can change
depending on how much inlining the compiler chooses to do.
So you can see different warnings at different -O levels or on
different platforms.

Also, I think you don't get any such warnings at all at -O0 ...
which is why I always use at least -O1 even in debug builds.