Re: query plan using partial index expects a much larger number of rows than is possible - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Olivier Poquet
Subject Re: query plan using partial index expects a much larger number of rows than is possible
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks Tom,
That makes perfect sense.

I'd already gone the route of materializing the condition but I didn't even realize that generated columns was an
option(I'd done the same with triggers instead).  So thanks a lot of that too!

--
  Olivier Poquet
  opoquet@plumdev.com

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, at 7:30 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Olivier Poquet" <opoquet@plumdev.com> writes:
> > Looking at it in more detail, I found that the planner is assuming that I'll get millions of rows back even when I
doa simple query that does an index scan on my partial index: