Three fields table: id-data-date_time, how to get max() and date_time same time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From zxo102 ouyang
Subject Three fields table: id-data-date_time, how to get max() and date_time same time?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi everyone,
   I have a table "test" which has three fields:

id      data               date_time
1        2         2009-10-1 12:12:12
1        10       2009-10-1 12:22:10
2        3         2009-10-1 12:10:32
2        1         2009-10-1 12:30:32

with the sql:

select max(data), id from test where 1=1 group by id

I can get

10     1
 3      2

but I want corresponding "date_time" like

10     1   2009-10-1 12:22:10
 3      2   2009-10-1 12:10:32

if I use the sql below

select max(data), id, date_time from test where 1=1 group by id, date_time

that won't give the correct results I want.

Can anybody give me help? Thanks a lot in advance.

ouyang