Re: OpenVMS? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rayson Ho
Subject Re: OpenVMS?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Dann Corbit wrote:
> For PostgreSQL, you will probably want to use LIB$SPAWN() as a rough equivalent to CreateProcess() on Windows

We will need to support running PostgreSQL as a detached process, and
thus it won't have access to the DCL CLI. The implication is that
lib$spawn or system() will fail when used this way.

http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/794

So we will likely need to use sys$creprc() in internal_forkexec().

Rayson