Re: get column default value - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Ketema Harris
Subject Re: get column default value
Date
List pgsql-php
The default value for a column is just that the value you say is default.  It only come into play when you do an insert into the table.  If you do not provide a value for that column then your default value is entered.

Now if you set the default value of a column to a sequence, then you can manage the sequence using the sequence functions: currval, nextval, and setval.  Sequences and their functions are documented in the pg manual.