Postgres Db to XML/XML Schema Generator - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Walsh, Richard (Richard)
Subject Postgres Db to XML/XML Schema Generator
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I am working on a project where we have to define database tables and data in XML, have it validated by an XML Schema and have it loaded into the database. We are using our EJBs to load the data into the database so I am not so concerned with that. What I am concerned with is generating a correct XML Schema from the Database tables.

Are there any tools/utilities that I can use to generate an XML Document,  XML Schema or both from my Postgres Database?

Reason I ask is that if we can generate the XML Schema automatically from our database schema it will mean that we can have our XML validation rules driven from our database schema. It would also mean that once the database tables change we can change the XML Schema very easily rather then having to manually update the XML schema by hand.

Any information on Database TO XML/XML Schema and XML to Database Utilities would be very useful. I have already used the utilities at http://www.hitsw.com/xml_utilites/index.html. Also, any utilities suggested must be under a GPL license.

I have looked through the archives and have not found any utility, but did find a thread talking about the creation of an XML utility like the one that I am looking for.

Any help much appreciated.

thanks,
Richie.