Re: Barman disaster recovery solution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Steele
Subject Re: Barman disaster recovery solution
Date
List pgsql-general
Achilleas,

On 2/27/19 11:39 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> On 21/2/19 9:28 π.μ., Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>> On 21/2/19 9:17 π.μ., Julie Nishimura wrote:
>>> Does anyone use this solution? any recommenations?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> Barman will fit most requirements. PgBackRest excels when WAL traffic
>> goes on 100000 files/day or more. I have written an article, not yet
>> publised, on a comparison on the 3 most known solutions. Will post a
>> link as soon as it gets published.
>
> Hello, as promised here is my blog :
> https://severalnines.com/blog/current-state-open-source-backup-management-postgresql

Indeed, the pgBackRest user guide is a bit out of date.  I've been
meaning to update to a newer version of Postgres but haven't had the
chance.  This gave me the extra nudge I needed.

The docs have been update to PG10 for the next release, though the only
visible change is to remove the `stop-auto` option since it is not
relevant to PG10.

https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/commit/6ce3310f8a2900d1af717da8d4c3345a9016933b

Thanks!
--