Re: Createlang plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeremy Sellors
Subject Re: Createlang plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
I see the problem now. On a shared host the createuser and createdb are handled by cPanel scripts but not (as yet on my host) createlang.
The createlang utility only installs procedural languages included in the default PostgreSQL distribution, which fortunately includes plpgsql language I need.
If the language is added to template1 then all future databases—including those of other shared users—would have the language installed by default and this—probably for reasons that all the languages are not installed by default—might not be desirable.
So what I need to solve the problem is a cPanel script to install the required procedural languages or alternately—I have to ask the support people to add any required languages when I create a new database.
Unless I have not fully understood the problem then clearly this issue will have to be solved in order to use all of the advanced features of PostgreSQL to be available on shared servers.
Can the createlang utility be made available to an ordinary user just to apply the lang to his database ?