Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergei Kornilov
Subject Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

Unfortunately patch does not apply due recent commits. Any chance this can be fixed (and even committed in pg12)?

>>  And few questions:
>>  - reindexdb has concurrently flag logic even in reindex_system_catalogs, but "reindex concurrently" can not reindex
systemcatalog. Is this expected?

> If support is ever added, then reindexdb supports it automatically. It
> seems simpler to not have to repeat the same checks in two places.

ok, reasonable for me

>>  - psql/tab-complete.c vs old releases? Seems we need suggest CONCURRENTLY keyword only for releases with
concurrentlysupport.

> It seems we don't do version checks for tab completion of keywords.

Hmm, yes, i found only few checks for "create trigger" syntax about "EXECUTE FUNCTION"/"EXECUTE PROCEDURE" difference
in11

regards, Sergei