Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Actually, your trial required column dropped-ness to be checked in
>> many more places than the proposed approach does.

> Have you ever really checked my trial implementation ?

Well, I've certainly stumbled over it in places like relcache.c
and preptlist.c, which IMHO should not have to know about this...
and I have little confidence that there are not more places that
would have needed fixes if the change had gotten any wide use.
You were essentially assuming that it was okay for pg_attribute.attnum
to not agree with indexes into tuple descriptors, which seems very
shaky to me.