Re: Pre-v11 appearances of the word "procedure" in v11 docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Pre-v11 appearances of the word "procedure" in v11 docs
Date
Re: Pre-v11 appearances of the word "procedure" in v11 docs
List pgsql-hackers
Attached are my proposed patches.  The first is the documentation
change, which basically just substitutes the words, with some occasional
rephrasing.  And then patches to extend the syntaxes of CREATE OPERATOR,
CREATE TRIGGER, and CREATE EVENT TRIGGER to accept FUNCTION in place of
PROCEDURE.  I decided to do that because with the adjustments from the
first patch, the documentation had become comically inconsistent in some
places and it was easier to just fix the underlying problem than to
explain the reasons for the inconsistencies everywhere.  I didn't go
around change all the commands in contrib modules etc. to keep the patch
size under control.  This could perhaps be done later.

Attachment