using copy to load odd characters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject using copy to load odd characters
Date
List pgsql-general

Howdy:

Running PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2

I'm trying to load data from a text file that
has an odd character in it (^@).  From what I
could tell, it's a NULL character.  How can I
load that into the database via the command line?

I've done the following:

[snip]

bcn2=> \copy db2_cn1pmemb from '/raid/backups/science/cn1pmemb.out' with delimiter as '|' NULL as '\000'
\.
ERROR:  copy: line 151676, Missing data for column "c_state"
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
bcn2=> \copy db2_cn1pmemb from '/raid/backups/science/cn1pmemb.out' with delimiter as '|' NULL as 'NULL'
\.
ERROR:  copy: line 151676, Missing data for column "c_state"
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
bcn2=> \copy db2_cn1pmemb from '/raid/backups/science/cn1pmemb.out' with delimiter as '|' NULL as NULL
\.
ERROR:  copy: line 151676, Missing data for column "c_state"
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
bcn2=> \q
[/snip]

As well as '^@' and '\^@', but I haven't found anything that
works.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

-X