copy limited number of records - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject copy limited number of records
Date
Re: copy limited number of records  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general

Howdy:

Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2.

I'm using copy to create a bunch of flat files with delimiters
and it's going okay.  I've been asked, however, that the clients
don't actually want ALL of the data in the table; perhaps about
100 or so records for testing.

Is there a way to use limit while using the \copy command?
(e.g., \copy t_test_tbl to '/usr/local/home/admin/dev_tbls' using delimiters ',' limit 10)

I know the above doesn't work, but, perhaps there is a work around?

Thanks!

-X