replicating database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject replicating database
Date
List pgsql-general

Howdy:

Running PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2, kernel 2.4.7-10
and a PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on Mandrake Linux 8.0 kernel 2.4.17.

Sometime ago (not a year, I think) I was able to move
a database from one server to another using pg_dump (or,
pg_dumpall).  There was a few things that I had to do
and know ahead of time; I can't remember what that was.
I do recall that I had to specify the host and the
destination server.

Where in the documentation does it tell me how I can
connect to a remote server and replicate / dump my
existing database?

Thanks!

-X