pg_dump question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject pg_dump question
Date
List pgsql-general

Howdy:

(okay, last question for today)

I have a few views that were created.  The views use have
special functions that I need.  Example:

[snip]

drop view t_bp_disease;
drop view v_bp_disease;
create view v_bp_disease as
select
lpad (bp_disease_id::text,10,'0') as bp_disease_id,
rpad (bp_dis_label::text,30,' ') as bp_dis_label
from bp_disease

[/snip]

Works fine.  Now I want to use pg_dump to put this into a
plain ascii file.  I'm trying a few combinations of pg_dump,
but I don't get anything but schema or and empty file.
For example, if I use something like:

pg_dump -u -t test.view -d database > outfile

I get errors.  The man page says t = table ONLY.

My question:  Can I get a dump of the view as it appears
with the modifications and NOT of the table it originated
from?

Thanks!

-X