Re: ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' [x2] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' [x2]
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrei Ivanov <andrei.ivanov@ines.ro> writes:
> select * from pg_rewrite where ev_class = 'pg_user'::regclass gives
> [ lots of cruft ]

Well, that's interesting, because I get exactly the same data from my
perfectly-functional 7.3.4 installation.

I think there must be some incompatibility between your data directory
and your Postgres executable, but it's hard to think what.  Have you
verified that your executable really is 7.3.4 (try "select version()")?

I suppose it could also be that the problem is not in pg_user after all,
but some other view.  I didn't think pg_get_viewdef() would use any
other views, but I might be mistaken.  Can you successfully do
pg_get_viewdef on any other views --- pg_tables or pg_indexes for
example?

Also, how did you get into this state, exactly?  I cannot believe that
it's a matter of a forced shutdown; I think there must be some kind of
software compatibility issue involved.  What system updates have you
done recently?

            regards, tom lane