Re: Configuration of statistical views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Configuration of statistical views
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>     So I can see value in a per database default  in  pg_database
>     plus the ability to switch it on/off via statement to analyze
>     single commands.

Do you even need a per-database default?  Why not an installation-wide
default in postgresql.conf plus on/off commands?  The great advantage
of doing it that way is that it's simply a GUC variable or three, and
you don't need to expend any work on developing infrastructure.  So
I'd recommend doing it that way to get started, even if you later decide
that something more complex is warranted.