Re: BUG #16243: non super user take pg_restore found some errors. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16243: non super user take pg_restore found some errors.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> When take the pg restore, both backup action and restore use non-super role
> user “cm” which is the owner of the DB. During pg_restore, the log show some
> errors such as "could not execute query: ERROR:  must be owner of extension
> plpgsql", "could not execute query: ERROR:  must be owner of extension
> plpgsql". I have some confusion. Are they correct behavior? If not, how to
> avoid them? thanks in advance.

This is expected behavior in v10.  In later versions (I forget if
this was changed in v11 or v12), we rearranged the duties of pg_dump
so that it won't try to drop and recreate the plpgsql extension.
That wasn't an entirely backwards-compatible change though, so
it wasn't back-patched.

            regards, tom lane