Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I suggest a patch where pgbench client sessions are not disconnected because of
> serialization or deadlock failures and these failures are mentioned in reports.
> In details:
> - transaction with one of these failures continue run normally, but its result
> is rolled back;
> - if there were these failures during script execution this "transaction" is marked
> appropriately in logs;
> - numbers of "transactions" with these failures are printed in progress, in
> aggregation logs and in the end with other results (all and for each script);
Hm, I took a look on both thread about patch and it seems to me now it's
overcomplicated. With recently committed enhancements of pgbench (\if, \when) it
becomes close to impossible to retry transation in case of failure. So, initial
approach just to rollback such transaction looks more attractive.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/