Re: BUG #15520: PAM authentication + domain socket -> DNS query forsymbolic hostname [local] - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: BUG #15520: PAM authentication + domain socket -> DNS query forsymbolic hostname [local]
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 25/11/2018 23:30, Thomas Munro wrote:
>>> I wonder if anyone out there has come to rely on the value "[local]"
>> I vote for changing it, and documenting it in the release notes.
> Yeah.  Here is a draft patch to change that.  Test output:
>
> $ psql -h localhost postgres munro
> PAM_USER=munro, PAM_RHOST=localhost
> $ psql postgres munro
> PAM_USER=munro, PAM_RHOST=

I think this is the right thing to do.

About your patch, if we're not going to set PAM_RHOST, then we should
also avoid the call to pg_getnameinfo_all() earlier in CheckPAMAuth().
Look at the original patch linked earlier in the thread; we just need to
put if statements around both of those hunks.