Re: pg_dump "what if?" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dustin Sallings
Subject Re: pg_dump "what if?"
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mar 24, 2004, at 11:42, Anony Mous wrote:

running pg_dump 7.3.4.  I have a nightly process that dumps a database
via pg_dump, and then checks for the existence of the dumped file
afterwards to confirm that the dump actually occurred.  Just
wondering, however, if a corrupt disk prevented pg_dump from executing
fully, would there still be an output file up to the point where the
corruption was encountered?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions
on another method to confirm whether or not the db was successfully
dumped?

    The exit code?

--

Dustin Sallings

On Mar 24, 2004, at 11:42, Anony Mous wrote:

> I’m running pg_dump 7.3.4.  I have a nightly process that dumps a
> database via pg_dump, and then checks for the existence of the dumped
> file afterwards to confirm that the dump actually occurred.  Just
> wondering, however, if a corrupt disk prevented pg_dump from executing
> fully, would there still be an output file up to the point where the
> corruption was encountered?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions
> on another method to confirm whether or not the db was successfully
> dumped?

    The exit code?

--
Dustin Sallings