Re: I: Help with indexes/queries/msaccess - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: I: Help with indexes/queries/msaccess
Date
List pgsql-general
"Fabrizio Mazzoni" <fabrizio@macron.com> writes:
> The following query, when launched on postgres with the
> explain command, isn't using index scans but only sequential scans..why is
> this?

Have you done VACUUM ANALYZE?

> I was thinking of rewriting it with the "classic" join syntax eg: select *
> from a,b where a.a=b.b ...would this partially solve my problem??

If you actually need the outer-join behavior then you can't do that.
However, it might help to rearrange the order in which the joins are
done.  See
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/explicit-joins.html

            regards, tom lane